Monday 24 October 2016

Monday, October 24, 2016

Oct. 24, 2016

Nick had placed an audio recording device on his dresser in our bedroom. He says it recorded a couple sleeping, the alarm going off, the woman telling the guy it is time to get up, then the shower running. Also recorded is a love-making session in which the woman's voice sounds like mine. I have never heard this tape. And I certainly know it is not me on the tape, and I know the events Nick says took place in our bedroom could not have taken place on the dates he alleges they did. I was the only one sleeping in our bed while he was away and no amount of accusations can change the facts.

I was told about this recording only after a second one had been made, this time of me home by myself a few days after Christmas when I was off but Nick went into work. He set up his audio device in the front hallway of our house. Of course I had no idea it was there. It was well hidden.
What actually happened that day was I was drinking a bottle of Tia Maria liquor that I received as a gift and I was enjoying my time alone, puttering around and tidying up. I decided to get a breadmaker out of its box and try it out, it had actually been a present from my mother the year before. The only talking I did was to the dogs. I have a stupid dog-voice thing I say to them which a corruption of the phrase 'here you go'. It ends up sounding more like 'heres goes' and after a few drinks it sounds even less like anything in English. And I was wearing a pair of duck boots, if you know what those are. I had them on because I was going down into the basement and sock feet can't be worn in the basement as the wood chips and hay pieces stick to them and then get dragged upstairs. These duck boots are perfect because they are slip-on style.

Well....when Nick listened to this audio tape he heard me greeting a guy named Chris at the door who then came inside with his noisy boots on and received oral sex from someone. Which was me talking to the dogs, wearing my duck boots and stepping a bit too loudly (I don't wear them often) and the last part was one of the dogs having a drink of water. Then he said he could hear the guy clomping down the basement stairs, probably to sneak out via the basement door.
I have listened to this tape, a few times. You should try it sometime. Tape yourself doing nothing in particular for several hours and then listen to it a few months later - and see if you can guess exactly what you were doing. It's actually kind of amusing, except when your husband already has his mind made up about what he is hearing.


No comments:

Post a Comment