Monday 17 July 2017

Monday, July 17, 2017

Monday, July 17, 2017

Well a much better day today. I got a lot accomplished and Nick was away most of the afternoon which was peaceful.

He signed the real estate listing before he left. We had decided on $319, 000 as the price but when she was here he insisted on $328, 000 so I didn't argue in case he changed his mind and refused to sign at all. The 'for sale' sign is now up!
The agent and I managed to take quite a few pictures by moving things around the rooms as most of the rooms have stuff in them that is going to be packed up. I actually filled up my car this evening so I can drop stuff off at the storage unit after work tomorrow night on my way to the airport to pick up my daughter.

I spent most of the afternoon cleaning up the last room in the basement and I believe I found about half of the tools that Nick said were stolen. He wouldn't admit it when I showed them to him, but I know enough about tools to know that what I found includes a lot of what he is missing. I found most of it on the bottom shelf of an old bookcase that was shoved up against another bookcase and the stuff was all piled on top of itself almost as if the bookcase had fallen over or the shelves had tumbled out. I even vacuumed up the spider webs in the rafters and filled three large garbage bags with wood chips and pieces of bark that was laying all over the floor as a result of stacking wood for the furnace down there and also having the electric wood splitter there as well. I washed 3 or 4 barn jackets and hung them out on the clothesline and I also washed a couple of horse blankets. I seem to get so much more done when Nick is away. I think it has more to do with draining of motivation when he is here, just sitting on the computer while I slave away. Today he got home around 4 and I was upstairs on the bed with my laptop with my left foot up on a pillow while I sent some of the pictures of the property I had taken a few weeks ago off to the agent. When I thought my foot felt better I got up and went out to cut the grass in the back yard which was getting pretty high. I don't know what I did to my foot but my baby toe is very sore and I have been taping it tightly to the rest of my foot since Wednesday. It was so painful this afternoon after I had spent just 10 minutes at the grass that I was nearly in tears. I took some pain relievers and re-taped it and changed into a pair of my daughter's old sneakers that are 2 sizes too big for me and all this made a huge difference. After I got my upset stomach under control from the pills I got an energy spurt and I managed to finish all that I had hoped to do tonight -
cutting that grass, dragging the pile of bags and junk I had removed from the basement out to dumpster, loading up my car with the boxes I had packed for storage and making up the bed in Nick's daughter's room (the one he has been sleeping in) and cleaning it up so I could take pictures. And then sending them off to the real estate agent.

Nick just came to my bedroom door and yelled at me for putting the stuff from his dresser into a small cardboard box and setting it back on the dresser. I even was careful and thoughtful enough to place some of the things back on the dresser rather than leave them in the box - like his glasses, keys, reading light etc., things I know he will be looking for right away. No mention of how neat and clean the room looks, just a lot of banging and slamming doors. Great. 10:20 at night.
I put the stuff in a box because I figured if someone wants to look at the house then the box can just be picked up and put in the closet and the room will be neat with minimal effort. I know what it is like to live in a house that's up for sale and you have to have these strategies if you are going to keep your sanity.  

He is getting himself a snack now and I guess I will just have to wait until he is finished his banging around. So childish. He is banging stuff around to show that he is pissed off and I am the one who spent all day cleaning and tidying and packing stuff up and cutting the grass on a hot and humid day with a sore foot while he spent the day in town doing errands and then sat in front of the computer for hours. He got up and went out to the barn to shovel and bring the horses in which took about 30 minutes in total. I guess maybe he expected I should be shovelling out the barn each day I have off like I used to when we had thirteen horses. But it's the only thing he does all day - and sometimes he doesn't even bother to do this - so I am not even going to consider doing it unless he refuses. I don't have the heart to let the horses have to spend the night in dirty stalls. I know they don't mind a day or two of manure, but I do.

Man I wish he would quit his banging. Now he is throwing chairs around. Or doing the jitterbug with them haha. Is he ever in a rage! About his stuff being put in a box? More likely about his internet lady or ladies letting him down. I think now he is still communicating with the one he went to visit. He writes things like 'why don't you write me?' and 'I can wait for you' in his Ukrainian practice scribbler. I look in it every day or two when he has gone out of the house to see what I can find out. I saw things like 'will you marry me' and 'you are my life' as well as the woman's name which was the same name on the Western Union money transfer receipt that I found. So every little bit of information is a piece of the puzzle. It may not mean something right away but I have learned that if you are patient and keep your eyes and ears and mind open, the truth will be revealed in time. How's that for some deep thinking?

Well Nick has finally slammed the door to his bedroom so I think I am safe to power down my computer and turn off my light. A good day all things considered. I guess the months and months of talking about putting the place up for sale are over and the doing has begun.

No comments:

Post a Comment