Tuesday 11 July 2017

Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Well, where to start? On March 9 I went to the RCMP with some of my concerns. Let me just say that on Saturday March 11 I left the farm with only my cell phone and my laptop and my purse and the chargers for both. And my car. My youngest daughter was on her way out for a visit but I contacted her and I met her at her at my other daughter's place instead. I spent the night there and then I went to my sister's place on Sunday March 12. I had Monday off as well and I came back to the farm to grab a few more of my belongings but Nick wasn't here and I had no key to get inside. I have no keys to my own house because Nick accuses me of giving them or copies of them to Salter and so the last time Nick changed the locks (the third time, I think) I asked him not to give me a key, that way I would be unable to give it to anyone. I stopped at Costco on my way back to my sister's and picked up a couple of pairs of pants and a couple of T-shirts to wear to work. I learned very quickly there is very little you really need and a lot you can live without.

I ended up staying at my sister's for about 10 weeks. During that time I managed to sell all the horses except Invictus and Paladin, who have both since gone to new homes. Paul did deliver them which I was thankful for, I had to pay him $100 for one of the deliveries but it was worth it. Paul had Paladin gelded which really surprised me but he went to the same stable as his half-brother Kronos - the father of the young lady who bought Kronos bought him - and Invictus disappeared one Saturday while I was at work just recently - I believe he was sold to the fellow who trucked him down from Ontario for us and who has always wanted to own him. I found it incredible that Paul had sold that horse to that guy, we both agreed that while this guy thinks he is good to his horses, he actually doesn't understand what they need or how to handle them properly. I believe Paul needed money so badly that he sold his favorite horse to this guy.

I moved back to the farm on May 18th. Paul had a trip planned for May 20th, a Saturday that I worked and I had to work the Friday as well so I brought my stuff back on my day off, the Thursday. He was going to Europe to meet the lady from the Ukraine he had been communicating with and to whom he had been sending money by Western Union. I found the receipts in his wallet. I saw pictures of her on his screen saver on the computer. I saw her name where he had written stuff in his Hilroy scribbler that he used to practise his Ukranian in.

He left Saturday May 20th and came back the second Monday following, about 10 days later. He had told me he would be back on the Friday but he didn't arrive back at the farm until the next Monday.
I had a wonderful time while he was away despite the fact that I had to get up early to feed the animals and put the horses out before I left for work at 8am and I had to bring them in and feed them again when I got home at 9pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment