Sunday 16 July 2017

Sunday, July 16, 2017

Sunday, July 16, 2017

Another long day of painting and trying to clean up around here. I tried to make an entry here last night, but my computer had updates planned instead.

After work yesterday I had to have my daughter's car towed to a garage so it can be looked at, I think something is wrong with whatever it is that you use to change gears with in an automatic. Linkage? We thought it just wouldn't start but the tow truck guy jumped it and then when I tried to move it that is when I noticed it was very stiff and difficult to put into park, reverse, drive, etc.

I got up today and began to finish up painting the barn. I did get it all done except for some of the white trim that was up at the very top. I couldn't reach it with the extension ladder and although Nick put the bucket of the tractor up a couple of times so I could paint the main part of the barn, I couldn't be bothered to ask him to do it the 3 or 4 more times it would take to complete it entirely.

I tidied up a bit inside as the real estate agent is coming tomorrow. I noticed when I was vacuuming the living room that my antique phonograph was not in its usual spot so I asked Nick where it was and he told me Salter had taken it. Nick did admit after a lot of yelling that he took it and moved it downstairs to make a point. What exact point he was trying to make I am not sure. His logic evades me. I have to remind myself sometimes that there is no way to reason with him because his sense of reason is so distorted that it is just a waste of time and effort to try.

At the moment he is sighing and swearing and talking to himself as he walks into his bedroom and then stomps back out again and seems to be looking for something. I have my door open because it is so warm but I guess that is a good thing as he doesn't have to be very loud in order for me to hear his performance.

I must admit I do find it frustrating when I am working my heart around here day after day to fix this place up to sell while Nick sits on his computer all day. Today it was X Factor auditions he was watching and he had it turned up full blast while he spent about an hour in the ensuite bathroom getting it ready to put the wallpaper up. Then he announced that all of his sandpaper had been stolen so he wouldn't be able to do any more. So instead he spent another 5 or 6 hours sitting in front of the computer screen until he went out at dusk to shovel the stalls and bring the horses in. And then he was right back at it again. I honestly don't know what a person can do with a computer for that many hours a day, every day. My bum would be numb.

No comments:

Post a Comment