Friday 25 August 2017

Friday, August 25, 2017

Friday, August 25, 2017

What a long week, I was so totally tired. Monday I was off and I got the grass cut and then I went into work to a meeting. I had planned to work in the yard and garden when I got back but the bugs were so bad from the recent rain that I decided to do stuff inside instead.

I had Thursday off as well and I did work in the garden in the morning - the beans and spinach and beet greens are ready to pick - but it was a hot, humid day and I talked myself out of anything else but housework. Thursday was also my younger daughter's birthday so I was a bit bummed out because she is so far away. I chatted with her via text messages but I still missed seeing her and hearing here voice. My birthday is in a couple of days and turning 60 with half of my life savings gone as a result of falling in love with a user and a schemer isn't feeling so great. I also always feel somewhat down at this time of the year. I look so forward to the summer and once I realize it is coming to an end I mourn its passing. I so don't enjoy the other months of the year. I love the warmth and the growing of the late spring and summer.

This fall has a lot of unknowns. Will Nick be around to plow the snow? How will I heat the house? He has cut no wood. There are a few trees down he can chainsaw into pieces but not nearly enough for several weeks let alone a whole winter, especially if it is a long and/or cold one. I hate the thought of going to bed each night fully dressed with a hat and scarf on like I did last winter and showering and dressing in the bathroom which I have warmed up a bit with a space heater.

I am now off for three days, which happens every 4 weeks. Nick has himself locked downstairs in the computer room where he is listening to some Eurovision 2017 stuff I think. At least some of it is. I hear that song he plays over and over and over again.

Nick was looking for a stud finder this morning. He told me it was missing about 5 minutes before I had to leave for work. I took a quick look around but all I managed to find was a motion detector he had hidden in the gym. I must admit I really thought I had found what he was looking for. He pretended that he was going to do some work on the house but couldn't now he didn't have what he needed. Such a crock of shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment