Friday 4 August 2017

Friday, August 4, 2017

Friday, August 4, 2017

Just a short post tonight. I worked all day and I am feeling tired. I was off yesterday and didn't get as much accomplished as I had hoped. I got up at a decent hour - which for me is about 9am - and then I tidied up my bedroom and put absolutely everything away so it is rather immaculate, if I may say so myself - and after that I tried to get up the energy to go out and cut the grass. I plan to go to my daughter's tomorrow night after work and then go to work from there Sunday morning and stay again Sunday night and for my day off Monday, so I figured I should get the grass done as the next chance I had might not be until next Thursday, unless I planned to get back from my daughter's early enough on Monday to do it then. I ended up discussing a few things with Nick which included my other daughter's car that had been towed to his buddy's place and which one of his employees had offered to buy from me. About four months ago. So Nick made a call and it turned out that the transmission he had bought was not the right one and the guy had had to buy another one out of pocket as the company who sold Nick the original one had refused to take it back. So Nick will take the original back and get a refund and I will pay the guy for the one he had to buy and then he can pay me the negotiated price.

The company I had rented the dumpster from had not picked up the bbq and tvs I had left beside it. They had picked up the dumpster and I had paid them for it but they had promised to take the other stuff because I had asked specifically about it at the beginning. I sent the guy an email, but after 4 days I had no reply. Nick had been the one who had carried the tvs outside and wasn't happy with the idea of bringing them back into the basement, so he called the guy and they were picked up within about 3 or 4 hours. At least they are gone.

So I went out to cut the grass and I was more than half-way through and I was mowing over a pile of gravel Nick had left behind with the tractor while moving snow and the lawn mower ground to a stop and Nick discovered the belt needed to be replaced when he looked at it after it refused to start back up for me. I decided to get the whipper snipper out. Which took me about half an hour to get the plastic cord put on properly and I was only able to work for about 20 minutes before it became all tangled. I re-wound it and cut a bit more but when it frigged up for the second time I called it a day with doing the lawn. I was covered with bits of grass and weeds, and it was hot and humid and everything was sticking to everything else. I tried to clean myself up with a facecloth and towel but ended up jumping into the shower instead.

I started cleaning out the 2nd living room which we have only used as a gym which is a sin because it is a beautiful room with a floor to ceiling fireplace and the entire room is 2 stories high, with wooden beams in the ceiling. I have been busy at work because two main staff are off on holidays and although I am totally enjoying the results of cleaning and tidying the entire house, it is starting to take its toll I guess. I had a terrible time digging up the energy to do stuff on Thursday. I did spend some time working in the garden and doing some weeding which always relaxes and invigorates me. Just to see things growing makes me happy. And the garden is such a rewarding place in the middle of the summer.

Nick has been pestering me that he can't find his gun paperwork - his permits and course information. I did see it when I was sorting through things, so when I was downstairs putting a wash in, I decided to look through a box of papers I had set aside for him to go through. I actually had set aside 6 or 7 boxes for him to sort through, but all of them still sit there, untouched. Anyway, as I was looking for the gun stuff, I ran across a court document in which Nick is ordered to pay the girlfriend before me $500 per month and to maintain her on his drug plan from his work for as long as she is eligible. I knew he had been in a relationship with this woman before me but I had no idea he was still supporting her. He led me to believe she was just a previous girlfriend and although he has never called her by name, I know who she is because her name came up when he was adding me onto a Costco membership and my name was replacing hers - the cashier making the change asked if her name was being removed. It makes me wonder who else he may be supporting. It also explains where some of his monthly income is disappearing.

He doesn't know that I know and I am going to keep it that way. I will keep that information as ammunition if and when the financial disclosure ever appears. At least now I have a better idea of what should be divulged.

Nick was attempting to re-seal the barn roof yesterday and he was yelling at me because he couldn't find the second tub of sealant he had bought. He texted me at work today to tell me he wasn't going to finish the roof and it could just leak, because the sealant had been stolen by Salter. I knew it hadn't been stolen of course, and I knew it had to be in the barn somewhere because I knew it wasn't in the garage or the basement. He texted me around supper time to tell me 'it had magically appeared in the storage room in the barn'. Too late for him to finish the roof today, unfortunately. And tomorrow being his Sabbath, it won't get dome tomorrow either. Maybe it will be done by the time I return home from my daughter's. But I won't cross my fingers or hold my breath.

No comments:

Post a Comment