Sunday 13 August 2017

Sunday, August 13, 2017

Sunday, August 13, 2017

I spent the day cleaning up the second living room we have in the house. Nick has his gym set up in there, so it is a room that is hardly used, although it is a lovely space. It has a wall to ceiling stone fireplace and the room has cathedral ceilings with wooden beams. One side is all windows and there is a staircase leading up to the bedrooms on the second floor. It took me most of the day, but I am very pleased with it and I actually wish I had done it a long time ago. I just have the windows to clean and perhaps I will do that tomorrow.

Nick was away most of the day, I assume he was visiting his daughter but he may have been with a German friend of his who we usually get together with this time of year when he is here for the summer. Nick took a phone call from this fellow this morning while I was still sleeping which woke me up for the day. Nick had woken me up sometime after midnight and also very early but I had gone back to sleep after those interruptions. I wish he would stop banging things around. I don't say anything to him because I figure he is doing it to make my life miserable and I refuse to give him the satisfaction of knowing he is doing an excellent job.

I was wondering today as I was working to get the house presentable for showing if Nick got any pleasure out of watching me slave away while he does absolutely nothing. If he does anything, it is to mess things up around here so that I have to spend time just breaking even rather than being able to make progress on the long to-do list. He came in this evening and proceeded to make espresso and he managed to get the coffee grounds all over the floor. Maybe about half made it into the garbage can.

He is downstairs now swearing to himself and banging stuff around. I was just thinking I was hungry and feeling like a snack but I don't know if I am feeling brave enough to venture down to the kitchen.
At any rate I need to top up my wine so I guess I will put my cell phone on voice recorder and head on down.

On second thought, maybe I won't. He is really in a rage. I wonder what might have happened to put him in such a foul mood. Best to keep my mouth shut and my ears open.

No comments:

Post a Comment